When it comes to testing and providing a demo of Microsoft Intune and Android management, it can be difficult with a handheld device. Here’s how I do it for efficient testing and remote demos from my windows workstation and an Android Emulator.
Downloading and Installing Android Studio
- Check System Requirements Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Android Studio.
- Download Android Studio Visit the official Android Studio website at https://developer.android.com/studio and click on the
NOTE: The version may be different at the time of reading this, but the process should still be the same.
Executethe Installer once the download is complete.
Nexton the Welcome screen.
Android Virtual Device, and click
- Select your install path and click
Installto begin the installation.
This can take a few minutes depending on the speed of your computer.
Nexton the completion wizard.
Finishto complete the installation and start Android Studio for the first time.
Setting up a Pixel 3 Virtual Machine (AVD)
Android StudioAfter the installation is complete.
- Select Create device in the right panel
- In the Select Hardware screen, we want to
selecta phone that has the
Play Storeavailable and click
Next. This will allow us to download the company portal and register the phone.
downloadthe image you want to use. In my case, I want to use the latest stable release that has Google Play.
You won’t be able to continue until an SDK has been downloaded. This can take some time to download as the SDK is a large download size.
- Once you have downloaded the SDK,
selectthe required image and click
- Provide an
AVD Namefor your android device, select
Porait, and click
- Launch the AVD instance to begin using your Android Virtual Machine by pressing the
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded and installed Android Studio and set up a Pixel 3 virtual machine. You can now
register with a google account,
download company portal and begin your Android app development and testing within the emulator for Microsoft Intune.