Here is how to configure Android enrollment with Managed Google Play in Microsoft Intune, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Sign into the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center at https://endpoint.microsoft.com using your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to “Devices”, “Android” and select “Android enrollment” from the left-hand menu.
- Under the “Android enrollment” section, select “Managed Google Play.”
- Tick the box on the “I agree” permissions, and they grey bar for ‘Launch Google to connect now’ should turn blue; click the blue launch button.
- In the “Managed Google Play configuration” window, select “Managed Google Play Account” and click “Next.”
- Sign in with your Google account credentials associated with your Managed Google Play account.
- Review the permissions required by Microsoft Intune and click “Allow” to grant access.
- In the “Managed Google Play configuration” window, review the configuration settings, such as Organization name, Contact email, and Phone number. Make any necessary changes and click “Next.”
- On the “Managed Google Play terms” page, review the terms and conditions, and click “Accept” if you agree to them.
- In the “Managed Google Play configuration” window, click “Next” to proceed.
At this point the popped out Managed Google Play Configurations window may auto close. If it doesn’t it should be fine to close, and you should see that the setup has a green tick:
If the Status is not green, you can force a sync by following the bellow:
- Navigate to “Tenant administration”, “Connectors and tokens”, and select “Managed Google Play” from the left-hand menu.
- In the “manage Google Play” section, click “Save + Sync” to synchronize your organization’s data with Managed Google Play.
- Wait for the synchronization process to complete. This may take some time depending on the size of your organization.
- You can now start enrolling Android devices using Managed Google Play. Users can install company apps and apply Intune policies to their enrolled devices.
You will also now notice that if you navigate to “Devices”, “Android” and select “Android enrollment” from the left-hand menu. You will see that the enrollment methods for android devices and profile configurations should no longer be greyed out and are configurable:
Remember, this process assumes that you already have a Managed Google Play account set up and associated with your organization’s Google account. If not, you will need to set up a Managed Google Play account before proceeding with the configuration in Microsoft Intune.
Please note that the user interface and specific steps may vary slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Intune and the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center. Always refer to the official Microsoft Documentation on Connecting your Intune account to your Managed Google Play account.